The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PART-TIME CLIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: COVINGTON, LA DRC
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position provides case management and customer service support for the Reentry Center. Performs participant check-in procedures and assists case managers with case coordination and documentation. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members.
This is a Part-time position at the Covington Day Reporting Center. The shift hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM-12:30 PM.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks-in all participants entering the facility. May complete drug screens according to assigned random schedule for each participant check-in.
- May perform breath analysis on each participant who enters the facility for any purpose and provides a written or computerized result.
- Completes initial intake process with participants to completion, including intake paperwork, input into Company database, and assignment of groups and other services.
- Provides general office administration duties, including answering phones. Provides general customer service to all who enter the facility, including participants, customers and the general public.
- Assists case managers with case coordination, communication with appropriate official agencies, and preparation and distribution of reports.
- Files, prepares charts and performs data entry as assigned.
- May collect participant payments, post payments on Company database, and make daily cash deposits.
- May be responsible for office opening and closing procedures.
- May be responsible to install and/or de-install electronic monitoring equipment on participants, and forward documentation to the appropriate agencies and the Company monitoring center.
- May transport participants to the center, community service events, job fairs, employment centers, clinics, etc. using Company vehicle.
- May clean electronic home monitoring (EHM) equipment.
- May facilitate orientation and psycho-educational/behavior modification groups on a weekly basis. Documents participants’ attendance, participation and progress in Company database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of six months experience in Human Services field with direct participant services preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age with at least five years driving experience if required to transport participants.
- Ability to handle a variety of simple tasks that are routine in nature, while keeping work flowing in an orderly manner.
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in English, in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to use computers and the typical software used by the facility.
- Typical office environment.
- Position requires direct contact with participants and observation of participants submitting urine for urinalysis testing.
- Local travel may be required using Company vehicle.