LHC Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Team Leader (Home Health) - FT - Kenner - $5000 SignOn Bonus
at LHC Group, Inc.
As a Home Health RN Team Leader with LHC Group, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the home health care RNs that make up your team and ensure continuity of patient care throughout the day by managing your team’s schedule. You are responsible for the quality of care and relevant documentation, and you will manage patient and physician phone calls and communications throughout the day. You will visit patients at their homes to teach them and their caregivers care techniques, as well as to provide training to RNs. You will also assist in the formulation, revision, implementation and evaluation of standard policies and procedures.
As a Home Health RN Team Leader with LHC Group, you are responsible for the provision of care for the patient caseload assigned to your team of home health care clinical staff including RN’s. You will initiate and coordinate each patient’s treatment plan by contacting community service organizations and assigned staff (including therapists and/or social workers) for particular patient cases. You will also receive referrals, coordinate admissions and make initial patient evaluations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Directing patient care by reviewing and providing supervision for each patient’s plan of care
- Assisting with employee training, disciplinary procedures, evaluation and termination
- Assuring completion of record reviews of each patient for recertification
- Coordinating transfer and discharge of patients
- Conducting medical chart audits
- Taking daily staff reports on patient caseloads
- Following-up on patient lab work
- Assuring financial and regulatory compliance
- Participating in the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement process by ensuring that the agency adheres to Medicare guidelines, follows physician orders and completes accurate documentation
RN Registered Nurse (Home Healthcare / Nursing)
As a Registered Nurse with LHC Group, you must be a caring, patient and flexible teacher with excellent communication and time management abilities. You must possess independent problem solving abilities, excellent clinical assessment skills and be computer literate. Additional requirements of our Registered Nurse include:
- Associate’s of Science degree in Nursing
- Valid RN license in state of employment
- Minimum 1 year acute care nursing experience, home health experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and one year clean driving record
- Ability to drive within 30-60 miles daily
- Ability to successfully complete required background check and drug screen
- Excellent writing and charting skills, experience with electronic medical record preferred
- ASN degree
- Current RN license in state of employment
- Minimum 1 year clinical nursing experience, Home Health, Charge nurse/leadership experience strongly preferred
- Current driver’s license and insured vehicle
- CPR certification
- Computer literacy
- Experience with Home Care Home Base or related EMR software
- Ability to travel as needed