Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Chain Specialist I
at Cox Communications
- Receive materials from Primary Distribution Centers (PDCs), execute cross-dock operations, stock shelves, and complete paperwork.
- Unload incoming materials and stock as needed.
- Operate bar code readers to tag all CPE and materials received and/or assess status changes.
- May enter inventory transactions into inventory database.
- Pull inventory to fulfill requisitions as needed.
- Pack customer orders according to specifications.
- Perform tagging, packing and shipping activities according to schedule.
- Use computer programs designed to support various warehouse functions (receiving, testing, shipping, etc.).
- Assist in performing periodic warehouse inventories, and at higher levels may assist in researching discrepancies and taking corrective action.
- May assist with damaged freight claims.
- May operate warehouse heavy equipment as needed for picking, packing, and shipping operations.
- May be required to have basic knowledge of billing system.
- May provide pickup, delivery, and loading/unloading of CPE, materials, equipment, and mail through safely operating fleet vehicles.
- May inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip.
- May check shipping papers to determine the nature of load and to check for the presence of hazardous materials.
- May ensure that all shipment documentation required to move with shipment is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- May require valid local driver's license with good DMV record.
- Perform other SCM related duties as assigned.
Typical Training / Experience -
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.